Illuminating Alumni: Sharing What’s On Your Mind

Today’s blog offering comes from Mrs. Teresa Young. You may have heard of her; she’s our newly minted alumni director. Read, respond and enjoy.

What’s on your mind?

If you’re a social media user, you’ve probably seen that query a few times as you pull up Facebook. I usually think to myself, “You really don’t wanna know, Facebook.” Sometimes I’m frank but mostly I keep quiet. I figure no one on the Internet really cares what I’m thinking most of the time.

But today, the Association of Former Students and the Office of Alumni Services are asking you that same question, and we hope you’ll share honestly with us. Many of you (well, 16,243 to be exact) received an email from me last week announcing a new Alumni Survey and the other 27,000 of you can expect a postcard any day now with the link. (Or you can click here to get there now: https://goo.gl/forms/4fw9ayQjDVA72gl13)  We hope everyone will take the opportunity to share your opinions – good, bad and ugly. Go ahead…. we can take it. We know we are missing the mark in some areas and we need your help to identify where those gaps are and how we can fill them. The deadline to complete the survey is Aug. 31 and we’ll draw for a $100 Amazon gift card from all the participants on Sept. 1. What do you have to lose?

By now you’re probably thinking “What are we going to do with all this valuable data?” We’re working on a five-year strategic plan for the office – what do we want to look like in five years and what do we need to do to get there in small, bite-sized pieces. While we have some ideas and have seen what other schools are doing successfully, we really need to know what you think so we can do this right the first time and know we’re hitting the mark.

The bottom line is this: We want to serve you, our valued alums. We want to keep you connected to Wayland after you leave our campus, whichever one that was. We want to provide things for you that are helpful for your career and your life in general whatever stage you’re in. So please share “what’s on your mind.” We’ll be ever so grateful!

P.S. We’re working on the next issue of Footprints and need any updates for ClassNotes you might have, along with your contact info updates. You can send all that by email to me at Teresa.Young@wbu.edu or log onto www.wbualumni.com and click the “Update my information” link.